Blog Archive

Wednesday 30 March 2016

The Milo and Moose Show Episode 12 Preview

Podcast | Preview

"Knock knock"
"Who’s there?"
"Fear"
"Fear who?"
"Fear who’s been passed down to you by your grandparents"

Quick look at this credible diagram to forget my shitty joke!
Terrible jokes aside, this is our way of telling you that our next episode will be on fear. In preparing for this episode I (Milo) tried to think about the different angles we could take this episode from. I initially started to consider fear as a plot device or mechanic and thought about my favourite horror games and films, before discovering this article about why we enjoy fear and deciding to scrap a “what’s your favourite horror X” format.

Moose shared his research on “genetic memory” with me, this being the hypothesis that certain fears and phobias are genetically passed down from generation to generation. This idea strikes a chord with me especially, seeing as how I’m afraid of snakes despite having no traumatic experiences or frequent encounters with them*. This is definitely something we will look to cover in the next episode.

I’ll leave you with a link to an article from the Independent about the UK’s thirteen most common fears, and we’d love to hear if you share any of them. We’ll reveal which one’s afflict us when our episode is uploaded on Sunday 3rd April.

* I mean there was that one time I think I maybe saw a grass snake on a school trip, and yes I looked at it twice without flinching, but I’m not one to brag about my various triumphs over evil incarnate.



Follow us on Soundcloud
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Stitcher
Follow us on iTunes
Follow us on TuneIn

No comments:

Post a Comment